What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Where The Sun Rests

I wanted to go away
into the crevices of the
Bald Mountain,
and lay my skin bare against
the Sun's fingertips

and feel the light pierce through
my flesh
and explode my heart
into a thousand glittering stars
spread out across the wind.

I wanted to sit in little tufts of grass
and make myself small
between the pebbles on the cliff,
to look up - amazed -
at the ribbons of glowing white

that fell between the cracks
and wrapped themselves around my waist.

I wanted to open myself
and become the vessel of sunbeams;
earthen irises, stained glass
of this living cathedral.  Here,
this forbidden place,
where heathen gods and ancient wisdom
reside.

I wanted to go,
but some little devil told me no.


*****************
Below is a spoken word version of the poem (i.e. performed :3)!

1 comment:

  1. That is a heart warming performance by you! Thanks, Samuel.

    ReplyDelete