What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

"After Hours" Jazz Combo

Instead of posting my regular, weekly poem today, I want to showcase an awesome jazz ensemble named "After Hours", made up of four very talented Cal State San Bernardino students!

On Saturday, from about 6pm to 8pm, I had the pleasure of listening to them play wonderful jazz tunes like "Girl from Ipanema" and "Michelle" as I attended an Art Gallery showcase and silent auction at the City of Pomona's dA Center for the Arts.

With their trumpet player, bassist, guitarist, and drummer, this jazz quartet helped to perfect the already extraordinary atmosphere, setting the mood with a cool, Latin vibe that had the various art patrons snapping

their fingers as they sipped wine and bid on the showcased collection, a variety of sculptures and paintings made by amateur and professional alike.

It was a wonderful experience to be able to watch the "After Hours" jazz ensemble and to see the works of local artists; often, we are so bombarded by huge celebrities like Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars and -- *shudders* One Direction (I don't like them very much, myself :3), that we forget to take the time to celebrate our local talent.

If you live in the Inland Empire (Southern California), and are having an event in the future where you'd like some jazzy, artsy music to really set the mood for your evening, definitely consider the "After Hours" Combo!

I have some videos of their performance, but sadly, my phone has decided not to work for me today lol.  Check out my Facebook page, The Lackadaisical Firefly.  When the universe decides that it's time for my videos to upload lol, they will upload here!


No comments:

Post a Comment