What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Necessary Evil

In the quiet of an overcast afternoon,
when we are together and watching
the sky pass through us,
thrums a kind of roar from above

that casts itself upon my skin
and awakens something in you.

In your eyes, there, in your eyes,
where your lips are upon my throat
and we are tumbling together, blindly,
down this grassy hill,
I am tossed aside by my own inhibitions

and left vulnerable and awake
in your tired arms.

The thunder above us
that threatens the rhythm of our hearts
and calls us to wrap around eachother
and make an altar of my womb

is a necessary evil, that
even in its threat of annihilation,
pushes us ever closer to
re-creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment