What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Aries' Horns

The sea found itself on my fingertips
a bright coral color to hold in the sky's reflection.
Bold and bowing only to the soft wind whistling
just outside on the porch.

The nail polish is your warning.

I start at audacity, and sharpen the tips of curled horns.
Your feeble attempts to sneak in and
steal my love make me laugh,
My heart will beat fast and rule you and win.
The heat of my blood will burn you and provoke words
like "Demon" or "hell" from your undeserving lips,
which crave nonetheless the cool comfort
 of my moistened kiss.

But come to me, vulnerably, and throw down your weapons.
Caress my skin and speak easy, relaxed words to me
sweet as lemonade in endless summer.

And you'll have me.
Then you'll be mine, eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment