What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jasmine Dream

I pressed the stick of jasmine
gently to the flame
watched the smoke rise up
and waft against the window pane.

And I inhaled, slow and deep,
let the foreign heat fill my lungs -
And I inhaled, slow and deep,
lent my eyes to faraway dreams.

Soft, golden fields of overgrown grass
and a white cotton dress caught the sun's rays,
and warmed the hidden cherrywood-colored skin.
     I danced slowly toward your gaze

and I inhaled, slow and deep,
I let your touch ensnare me -
and I inhaled, slow and deep,
let you become my faraway dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment