What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Strength and the Eternal Dream



My hand brushed slowly across the glassy surface
of the still water,
longing to suck up its movement
and become transparent and everflowing.

Tender ripples traced over the silvery liquid,
glimmering and shaking off
rainbows and jagged bits of light;
     I watched the little daggers
bound against the wall
     once, twice, thrice,
before imbedding themselves in
optic nerves.

I yearn for that fluidity
which surrounds my skin
and penetrates,
painfully, my thoughts.

The immortal gift
came in slow-melting snow
hidden in the folds of
Aphrodite's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment