What's New?

I will no longer be posting for The Lackadaisical Firefly, but please don't hesitate to follow me at my new Facebook page, Louise Williams, for updates, philosophical insights on everyday life, poems, and more!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Procrastination and a Skewed Sense of Time



Why do I do this to myself?

I know the time is coming
quick and hollow
like Christmas songs
before holiday cheer:
sickening and I don't realize
how disorienting it is
until it's too late and

Someone's already been trampled in Walmart
for presents they can't afford to buy.

That's where I am.
Stuck, between a hard place
and several worn soles.

I just can't force myself
to get this all finished.
I just can't force myself to begin.

I don't really know where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment